The Mira Mesa Town Council (MMTC) is a volunteer organization that works toward the improvement of the Mira Mesa Community. The Mira Mesa Town Council holds monthly meetings that provide information to the community and act as a forum for identifying and solving community problems. Elected representatives or their staff attend most MMTC meetings, and can research and respond to issues that arise at the meetings. MMTC meetings are held at 7 PM on the first Monday of each month.
The Mira Mesa Town Council sponsors many community activities and events including:
- The Mira Mesa Street Fair, held in September
- The Mira Mesa Fourth of July Celebration
- Annual Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- The Verne Goodwin Scholarship for Mira Mesa community High School Students
- The Mira Mesa Maintenance Assessment District Advisory Committee (MMMAD) that maintains landscaping along community streets.
- The Mira Mesa Banner District that maintains the street banners along Mira Mesa Blvd.
- Support for community paint and cleanup programs through the Adopt-A-Wall program.
- The Miss and Miss Teen San Diego Northeastern Communities Pageant.
The Mira Mesa Town Council also helps to support independent community activities including the Halloween Carnival, the Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol, and all of the other Mira Mesa community service organizations and community events.
Where am I? explains the various names that apply to different parts of Mira Mesa and their history.
Download the draft January 2017 MMTC Meeting Minutes.
2016 Volunteer of the Year: Congratulations to Sabrina Bazzo, selected as the 2016 Mira Mesa Volunteer of the Year at the December 2016 meeting. The Volunteer of the Year Dinner will be Saturday, May 13, 2017, from 6 to 10pm at the Country Inn and Suites in western Mira Mesa.
MMMAD Budget: Here is the proposed 2018 MMMAD budget approved at the December MMTC meeting.
Stone Creek: This presentation summarizing the current status of the subcommittee's review of the project was given by Jeff Stevens at the January 2016 meeting.
Fourth of July: This year is the 41st annual Mira Mesa 4th of July celebration. The Fourth of July committee needs to raise $40,000 every year. Please donate to keep this great annual event going.
Mira Mesa Banner District: Sponsorships are now being accepted.
Donations to the "Adopt-A-Wall" program to paint out graffiti and repaint the brick walls along major streets in Mira Mesa can now be made online.
An archive of meeting minutes starting with January 2004 is now online.
We thank our business members for their support.
- Electronic Mail
- Contact MMTC president Ted Brengel at President [ n o s p a m ] MiraMesaTownCouncil.org.
- Please start email subject line with MMTC.
The Mira Mesa Town Council can help to resolve community issues either by directly responding to them, or by coordinating with elected officials or other community groups. MMTC maintains a list of issues that MMTC members or Mira Mesa residents or businesses have requested be addressed. To add an issue to this list, please email a description of the issue together with any background information to: issues [ n o s p a m ] MiraMesaTownCouncil.org .
- Postal address
- Mira Mesa Town Council
- PMB 230
- 10606-8 Camino Ruiz
- San Diego, CA 92126